Play Music! Make Art! Be Dramatic!
2018 Camp dates and locations:
KID WEEKS (ages 5-8)
- June 11-15 Mason Crossroads: 990 Reading Rd, Mason, OH 45040
- July 9-13 Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church: 1345 Grace Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208
PRETEEN WEEKS (ages 9-12)
- June 18-22 Cincinnati Children’s Home (autism services building): 4550 Red Bank Expy, Cincinnati, OH 45227
- July 16-20 Location TBD
TEEN WEEKS (ages 13+)
- June 25-29 Eastside Christian Church : 5874 Montclair Blvd, Milford, OH 45150
- July 23-27 Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church : 1345 Grace Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208
Melodic Connections’ summer camps are a great place to connect, make friends and build social skills over the summer months. Led by board certified music therapists, and certified art and drama educators, these one-week camps work on social skills in a fun, safe and motivating environment. Our partners Visionaries + Voices and Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati help make this a great summer experience with plenty of options to fit all abilities and interests.
Email Christina Weber at Christina@MelodicConnections.org for more information.
Campers may enroll in one or both weeks for their age group. Options are full day (10-3) or a half day morning (10-12) or half day afternoon (1-3).
Level 1, I/O waiver and self waiver accepted. Half day: $75/week Full day: $236/week.
Policies and Procedures:
- Completion of registration is required before attendance is approved.
- Fire safety and tornado procedures are addressed upon camper arrival.
- Staff is First Aid and CPR certified.
- Campers need to provide their own lunch.
- Staff receive training in Universal Precautions, Unusual Incident Reporting, Individual Rights and Positive Behavior Supports.
- Melodic Connections does not administer medication. All medication needs shall be handled outside of camp or self-administered.
- If your camper is not independent in his or her bathroom needs, please communicate with Melodic Connections prior to registration.
More than 100 students with special learning needs receive direct music therapy, art education and drama-based services emphasizing social skills generalizing to other community settings. Here’s what a typical day at camp looks like:
- 96% of the students who attended our camp, either maintained or improved the social skills we measure, such as turn taking, relaying information, interacting with peers, attention to task, requesting assistance and maintaining give and take of conversation.
For information about camps, email Christina at Christina@MelodicConnections.org
“I especially like the kids’ awareness of each other, the connections they are building by being together. We are in!” “My child loves music so Melodic Connections is a natural environment for him to learn turn taking, patience, listening, staying quiet (when necessary), and building rapport with others while having fun.”